Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seeing The Good Through The Bad

There are so many days when nothing seems to be going your way. You get down and not sure why all this happening to you. You know the expression "When It Rain It Pours". These are the days we need to look at all the positive things in our lives and give thanks for what we do have.

If you have ever tried this, it is a very hard thing to do when things just seem so bad. It is more of just training your mind to stop being so self absorbed. I catch myself doing this all the time. Especially in today's day and time, it is always about Me..Me...ME! What are you going to do for me!

So now what I am trying to do is everyday when I am praying say what I am thankful for. I am not going to wait for Thanksgiving Day to do this anymore. It is amazing when you start looking around at your life, how many things could be alot worse. Just praying has it's many advantages and having God in your life. You know when your kids seem ungratful for all the things you are working hard to provide for them. I look at it like God looks down on us and wonders why are we are not more grateful and thankful to him. He sent his son to die on the cross for our sins and we should daily give him our thanks and gratitude for this wonderful gift.

Try to make this a practice. Start weekly and then try more often until you get to daily. Putting more positive things in our life and doing more for others has it's own great rewards!

No comments: